Monday, September 17, 2012

That Writing Show Challenge

So, I know that everyone has heard of, "The Voice."  That wonderful TV show that gives struggling singers a chance at that brass ring, that thing that all artists strive for, the recognition and acknowledgment that we ARE great at our craft.  Every time I watch this show, I always wonder what it would be like it there was a version of this show that showcased struggling authors.  All my fellow unpublished and unknown authors - Shout Out! :)  You know what I mean, right?

But seriously, what would you do, (fellow author), if you had that chance to come onto a show where you had 90 seconds to show the world what you were about?  Would you take that chance?  I would like to think that I would, you know it's such a great thought. 

Like any other artistic genre, there are so many of us that are unknown.  We all have a "voice," we all have something to say.  The question then becomes, when and how are you going to get yours heard?  What would you suggest?  A blog? :)

Okay, so the challenge is now - if you are a struggling author, (like myself), and you had your chance on this TV show, what would you showcase with your 90 seconds? :)  Here's your chance!




1 comment:

  1. Only 90 seconds? What?! I would find the best 2 pages of my current WIP--so hard to choose! :-)

    ReplyDelete