Sunday, January 6, 2013

Five hundred and FIVE

There are all kinds of New Year's challenges out there and I had a really good friend go through one for 2012 that has totally inspired me.  I know it might be hard to believe (how many people can say that they have heard all kinds of crazy resolutions that never worked), but I really believe that if there are people out there that can do this...so can I.

So, I searched and thought, and then thought some more.  It was a little tough to figure out a challenge that would work for my craft and help me accomplish the goals that I've set for myself this year.  I finally thought that a daily word count would be the best, but I also wanted to include a kind of goal that forced me to actually submit my work for publication.

With that thought in mind, I adjusted my challenge to 500 words a day and 5 submissions by the end of the year; coming to the "Five Hundred and FIVE" challenge for 2013.  :)

Everyday, I will write five hundred words and this year I will find either five contests or submit my completed manuscripts to at least five publishers.  At the end of every week, I will let you know the total number of words that I have written for that week in this blog.  When I get ready to submit, I might even ask for some helpful beta readers.

I can't wait to start this journey.  I'm hoping that at the end of the year I can look back and be really happy and proud with this chapter I'm starting.

1 comment: